Wednesday, February 11, 2009

English Breakfast tea

"Lipton English Breakfast tea" is a full bodied black tea that is widely available throughout supermarkets. We have this tea at work and I took the empty box home because I loved the packaging.

I like the luxurious and peaceful style of the packaging which is conveyed through the use of colour. The white centered gradient draws viewers' attention to the label "English Breakfast". While the shades of red and touches of gold help create a rich and luxurious vibe to the packaging . This positions viewers to feel like they are indulging in an up-market tea and are therefore getting their money's worth. Also, the use of the dark red's complimentary colour on the leaf creates a glowing effect that enhances the colour scheme.

I believe this is packaging that has been well designed.

3 comments:

  1. Yes, Jena, you are right when you say it looks luxurious..just a shame the flash of the camera hasn't given the full feel of it. But I love the oriental look which is clever since tea came from China originally as nearly everything else it seems!! Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I might be a bit biased commenting this packaging because its my favourite tea. But I agree that its luxurious and peaceful. I feel very relaxed when drinking the tea, and i believe the packaging has a "relaxed" feel to it as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. thank you !!! a student who took a photo. I love the fact that u just saw it in the morning doing ur daily thing. This is seeing :)

    ReplyDelete